For the past few years instead of making resolutions I make goals and set an intention for the year. 2013 it was Create. This years word was Open. That was one doozy of a word as it has so much context.
By setting my word as open not only was I opening myself to others I was opening myself to the universe. It has been a hard year with many ups and down. I think by picking open I was truly more open to some of the things that happened.
I was open to:
- Exploring my feelings with religion and what I believed
- Starting and ending friendships
- Ending a long-term relationship
- Opening my very closed heart to love and be loved again (work in progress) but being open to the idea that I am able to love and be loved.
- Open and exposed with my friends and family as to my feelings, thoughts and desires.
- to closing a large chapter of my life and not being upset about that and being will and able to open a new chapter.
Overall 2014 has been a steamroller of feels. But I would not change any of them or rewind and do anything differently. Why? Because I would not be who I am right now and I would not be where I am without overcoming those hurdles. I am ever so grateful to those in my life that met me with open arms and open doors to help me.
I am greatly looking forward to 2015 and what it has to offer… I do feel that 2015 is my year… I have great hopes for it.
I have not picked my word for 2015 although I am confident that it will come to me and it will resonate throughout 2015 as OPEN did in 2014.
If you would like to learn about about OLW or how to pick yours check out the blog by creator Ali Edwards.